Monday, October 16, 2023

October 16th, 2023 A Quick Update

 There are many small things going on here as we slide into Fall. El Nino has Fall coming on hard this year. The rains started nearly a month early, but nothing too heavy yet. And the leaves are coming down heavily in Town.so we're getting deliveries of leaves a full month early.  

We have the doors and stairs on the Tiny Homes we moved last month and got them both painted. The place looks quite a bit less ramshackle. We are still working on the kennel, but it isn't ready to put the dogs into. We need to get this done before cold weather arrives. This week we will stay above fifty degrees so no missive hurry yet. 

I began the concrete work for the Farmhouse Porch floor. I didn't have the time but we need a porch and steps before Winter and I have been putting it off. The project is pretty large, so I am breaking the project into a large number of small pours. More to come on this later. Our immediate goal is to put steps and a landing in first. I bought the bagged concrete for the start of the project a year ago and from what I can tell we didn't have any spoilage. This is the last large House project and we have done without for too long a long time. 

We are due to have puppies at the end of the month, but so far Taffee isn't showing signs and this is a bit worrisome. She may just have a small litter working. Time will tell.

I have no pictures to share with this posting, nor is there much worth writing about. So I will keep this short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment