Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017 Snowed in

We have been side-lined by snow for nearly a week. The forecast for the next few days is super heavy rain. Hopefully the rain will wash all of the ice and snow away, but it will take a few days and we've still a dozen large houses of lighting to take down. And then there's the trouble borne of not earning for a few weeks to deal with. But all of this sitting around hasn't completely topped preparations.

Saturday, after hair cuts, Ann (Heidi Hay) and I (Schmelling Hay) ventured out into the snowy wilds of east Portland to look over used appliances for the tiny double wide. What we need is a twenty inch propane stove and a small refrigerator. We've budgeted buying new into the project, but saving on these is a good idea because the budget is very tight. The roads of east county were close to impossible to drive, but we found the stores we were looking for, if not finding the appliances. So we ended up having a good tie, but not buying anything. The search continues, plans can change, we could win the lottery  . . .

I have also spent some time working on my accounting spreadsheet. I have been at this for a few years. Last year I got to the point where much of my accounting was simplified, but a bit clunky. This year I hope to get the thing smoothed out, simplified, and generalized so that I can sprout new businesses on the Farm without adding a bunch time doing of accounting work. A lot of people  have said I should go with an out of the box accounting package, but this is not my way of doing things.

Sitting around the house makes me nervous. I really need to build a farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment